Your First Visit
Welcome to Hands-On Physical Therapy!
We are certain you will have a positive experience in our clinic. The following is a list of things you need to know before your first visit:
- When you call to make your appointment, we will ask for your insurance information, including the amount of your coverage, deductible and co-pay. For those on an HMO insurance plan, we need an authorization from your primary care physician.
- For those filing an automobile claim, we need to know the remaining balance of your PIP, as the insurance company will not disclose this information to us.
- If your visit needs to be pre-approved by your insurance company, please bring the referral from your doctor with you. If it is older than thirty days or if you do not have a referral, please give us the name of your physician and our office will fax them a referral request.
- If you do not want your insurance to be filed or you do not carry an active health insurance policy, you can come on a private pay basis. Special rates and packages are available, so please call our office for details.
- You will be required to bring your insurance card and some form of identification (a driver’s license or passport) with you on your first visit. If you have any previous medical records, such as an MRI, X-ray or other test results, you want to share with us, please bring those with you, too.
- Please come in twenty minutes before the time of your appointment to fill out the necessary paperwork.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that will allow you to move freely during your evaluation and exercises. You may be asked to change into a hospital gown depending on the location of your injury.
- Please bring your appointment book with you, so we can easily schedule future appointments.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you.
You can download your first visit forms for your convenience: